środa, 25 lutego 2015

Let's get it started!

This blog was created to serve as a documentation of my biggest dream, that is travel to Japan. This trip will take place between 9th and 25th of April, during this time in the land of rising sun I plan to see several places, which include: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Himeji, Kanazawa, Takayama, Nikko, Yokohama, Kamakura and hopefully something else too. I've divided my trip into 3 parts, to be able to maximize the usage of JR Pass, which I plan to buy. As for the costs of travel, in November I bought the ticket on the Budapest - Munich - Tokyo Haneda route, and back on Tokyo Haneda - Frankfurt - Budapest (both directions Lufthansa). The price is not so horrible as we could think, with the insurance I have paid 180 000 HUF (590 EUR), but it also included the cost of issuing for the travel agency. The timing of the trip wasn't randomly chosen, I want to experience at least the end of hanami* season. As for the sleeping part, I decided to stay in hostels: first 5 and last 4 nights in Khaosan Asakusa Tokyo in a 10 bed dorm for 2200 JPY per night, in Kyoto the same amount in the 4 bed dorm in Sim's Cozy (4 nights) and I will also spend 2 nights in Matsumoto in Matsumoto no yado in a traditional Japanese room with tatamis for 4 people, for 2500 JPY per night. The advantage of hostels is mainly the price, on the other side they are localized in good spots, with good access to the important transport junctions, which gives a possibility to travel fast (and effectively). As for Tokyo, I will buy a 3-day pass for Tokyo Metro and Toei Line* (1500 JPY), later I will turn for Suica*, in Kyoto just walking or I will buy a daily pass for busses (500 yen). In other locations - accordingly to the rules - the cheapest = the best. For dining I don't wanna spend a fortune, possibly something around 3000 JPY per day, but of course it will be this way, that one day I will spend 1000 JPY (eating onigiri for breakfast and dinner and ramen for lunch) another day 4000 or 5000 JPY - trying famous shabu-shabu* bars, or sushu bars (though personally I don't like fish), and also for example I would like to take part in a tea ceremony. Of course entrance fees are a big part of the budget, because I don't intend to visit things only from outside. It is also worth to think about the souvenirs and gifts, for example I want to buy myself a tea ceremony set, and also some cheap, but decent quality yukata*. All in all, I want to spend on the whole expenditures no more, than 120 000 - 140 000 JPY. More details will be provided in the next posts, accordingly with the time of departure, and on the spot (if possible).

*hanami - Japanese flower viewing - a period between mid March and mid April (depending on place and weather), traditional Japanese custom of enjoying the beauty of flowers of cherry blossoms (sakura)
*Tokyo Metro and Toei Line - Tokyo public transport system consists of at least a dozen of companies, from which those two are the most important (it's important to mention JR Yamanote Line too).
*Suica - prepaid paypass card, used to pay for usage of public transport and many others.
*yukata - japanese garment, a casual, summer form of yukata, used to go out to termal baths, unlined, made of different materials and in different patterns, secured by an obi sash.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz